To update your signature, highlight the signature above completely. Copy the signature (right click and choose “copy”).
Open Gmail in a new window and log in to your account.
From your inbox dashboard, follow these directions:
- Click the Settings icon in the top right corner (looks like a cog and “settings” will pop up as you scroll over it).
- Choose Settings.
- Scroll down to Signature. You have two options: No Signature or Signature (which is indicated by the text box). Make sure you have Signature chosen.
- Remove ALL content in the text box.
- Paste (click within the box, right click and choose “paste”).
- Check for any errors. If you see any issues, check the list for common questions below. Fix the errors before continuing this list.
- Above the logo, type your name. Hold down Shift while you hit Enter to move to the next line.
- Type your job title.
- Highlight your name and title and make them Bold. Hit Enter
- Enter any personal phone numbers you normally share. (We ask that you use the labels “Direct Line” “Mobile” “Fax Number” for consistency across the organization). Separate each by hitting Shift/Enter. Do not include an office address, any images, or a closing (examples: “Sincerely” “Yours”, Best Wishes”).
- Scroll down. Below the signature text box, check the box beside “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it.”
- Scroll all the way down and click Save Changes.
- Send yourself an email to be sure the signature works as expected.
- Copy this process for all devices and software you use to send emails.
I see a small underline between my social media icons.
Highlight the small underline. You will see that it’s actually a hyperlink that has extended beyond the icon. Delete the underline. If this leaves no space between your social icons, click the space bar once. Do this to all underlines and you should be fine. There should be one space only between icons.
I would like to add an image. Why can’t I?
We do not encourage any images as the signature needs to be a small file. We are trying to reach complete consistency to improve our brand credibility.
Why can’t I add my office address?
Spectra360 is a national company. We are trying to impart this impression on customers, so would prefer not to include office locations on signatures.
I answer emails on my phone/ tablet/ ipad/ Outlook. What do I do about a signature there?
Please copy the signature and use it on all outgoing emails. Test it to be sure it works as expected.
Can I use any font to type my name and title?
No. Please use the standard font selected by Google (San Serif) so that we can be sure it is received the way we see it. If you are using your iPhone, iPad, or another phone/ tablet, you can use Arial.
The social media icons aren’t linking when I copy.
First, test the signature by sending it to yourself. Some mail software only shows the links to the receiver. If that doesn’t work, highlight each icon and right click. Add the following hyperlinks: